Friday, October 24, 2008

Ghost Story from Pakistan


My friend from Pakistan was sharing a ghost story with me from his own personal experiences and allowed me to share it with all of you. It’s interesting to hear stories from different countries with different superstitions and belief systems. Enjoy.

“It was almost thirty years back. I was catching light insects [lightning bugs] in my village in a corn crop with my nephew. I was about 8 years old. There were many light insects in the field, and the moon light was bright and I saw someone sitting in the field.

Usually at that time the ladies of the village didn’t have toilet rooms like we did, so they went there in the open fields. My nephew asked me to go there, because we were young, but I refused saying some lady is there!

After about five minutes we observed the lady growing upwards and then going upwards into the sky! She was wearing a white dress and had some ringing ornaments on her feet. We rushed toward the light of her, and started weeping and crying. One of our old servants came and we told him what we saw, but the lady [ghost] went away.”

I asked my friend why he thought this spirit would have been there and he replied:

“Hindu’s lived in this area before the partition and [when people died] they burned the dead bodies. Older people say these people turned into vampires.”

Photo by Murtaza Imran Ali ~ flickr

3 comments:

  1. We are the first Free Ghost Hunting Service provider working for the residents of Rawalpindi and Islamabad, Pakistan. For further queries please visit our website thenightwalkers.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool article. Truly, this proves the fact that ghost are universal and any where else in world they exist. They are great mediums in having accurate psychic readings.

    ReplyDelete